When the Spreadsheet Spreads Bid and Proposal Management too thin
See how Digital Biz Tech created a platform that would scale with our Aerospace Client's ambitious growth initiatives.
Our Aerospace client is a growing designer and manufacturer of advanced materials-based engineered components for demanding aerospace applications, supporting both commercial and military platforms.
Prior to Salesforce Sales Cloud, Client managed Opportunities (Bids and Proposals - legacy terminology) in spreadsheets. Due to rapid growth, Client realized it would need an automated platform - not spreadsheets - in order to manage and improve pipeline & conversion
DISPARATE DATA In spreadsheets and SAP ERP Systems
Client uses SAP ERP system and it doesn't meet their opportunity management needs. Client used spreadsheets to track their contacts and opportunities. Due to rapid growth, Client realized the limitations of using spreadsheets to track and collaborate.
Furthermore, growing business / cross selling to their existing customer base was not obvious as the data was siloed between different business segments.
The team needed a centralized system to house contacts, Accounts and opportunities, and provide actionable insights. It became clear that Client needed to re-imagine its processes in order to continue to grow.
Salesforce Sales Cloud, Power BI reporting, Outlook Integration and Einstein Analytics. Digital Biz Tech and Client worked together to envision a centralized platform that would:
- Synchronize prospective and current customers with right contacts, account relationships, technical information, tasks, chatter, and opportunities could be managed more effectively
- Deliver a robust platform l to enhance the cross-selling, reduce process time and eliminate manual work
- Centralize important data into dashboards to create actionable insights to improve operations in real time
- Sales Cloud offers a 360-degree view of the Customer, all interactions by different business divisions with the Customer, and communication preferences.
- Client would be able to better manage bids and proposals from lead to opportunity closure, meaning that data would be accessible and actionable.
As a result the Client saw a number of immediate improvements.